Program Administrator – Roseburg (part-time)
SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) is the state’s largest volunteer-based nonprofit literacy organization. SMART partners with schools around the state and engages community volunteers to read one-on-one with nearly 11,000 PreK through 3rd grade children annually, helping strengthen literacy skills and encourage a love of reading. Participating children also receive new books each month to keep and read with their families. In the past 25 years, we have served more than 188,000 children, with the support of more than 130,000 volunteers, and have given away over 2.4 million books.
SMART acknowledges that deep racial, cultural, social and economic inequities in our country and state make it harder for some children to succeed. Our vision is an Oregon in which every child can read and is empowered to succeed, and equity is a top priority for us. As part of this commitment, we seek staff members, volunteers, and board members whose personal or professional background gives them unique perspective to further SMART’s work in serving children of color and children from other marginalized groups.
Summary of major duties:
- Support the Douglas County team in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
- Maintain volunteer records and assist with data management
- Be the voice of SMART as the initial contact for potential volunteers
What we really want:
- Warm outgoing personality that connects with people over the phone
- Highly proficient with computers, phones, software and other office equipment
- Willingness to participate in continued learning and training opportunities
- Interest in fostering a love of reading in Oregon children
- Commitment to honoring diversity and creating an inclusive environment in our office and the larger community
- You are engaged in culturally diverse communities and are willing to bring your perspective to the table.
- You have professional training or a four-year degree (preferred, but not required) that shows a commitment to education and equity.
- You have demonstrated an interest in the nonprofit community and the communities that we serve.
- You have prior experience with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, Outlook or other relevant software
To view the full position description, click here.
Please provide a resume, or a copy of the recent application form, with a brief cover letter that demonstrates how you meet our needs and whether you have any of the bonus skills listed above.
Please upload your cover letter and resume here: smart.hiringthing.com/job/45714/part-time-program-administrator-roseburg
Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin on September 15.
Our commitment to you:
This is an entry-level position with compensation that is well above minimum wage.
We promise to provide a team of staff reviewers who will personally review your submission. Your interest and application will be treated with respect. People of color, people living with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.