Since 1992, SMART has been helping Oregon children discover a lifelong love of reading and preparing them for brighter futures. SMART is a responsible financial steward, effectively and efficiently leveraging our donors’ investments to reach as many children as possible with our proven one-on-one reading program and books for children to take home and keep.
Where does the money go?
- Volunteer recruitment, training and management
- Extensive background checks for volunteers
- On-site program management
- New books for children
- Data collection and analysis
- Program research and evaluation