The SMART Douglas Area manages SMART programs in Roseburg and the surrounding area. In 2016-2017, we served 618 PreK through third-grade children with the help of 141 local volunteers. Each week our dedicated volunteers enter the SMART spaces ready to assist our local children with literacy support and helping enhance their reading confidence skills.
We are committed to recruiting more volunteers and establishing strong financial support within our communities ensuring we can continue to encourage and support our local children through SMART reading programs.
SMART Business Partners are local businesses that support SMART through financial contributions and employee volunteerism. For a list of our Douglas County Business Partners, click here ›
SMART Leadership Councils are groups of individuals who help SMART flourish in our local communities through fundraising and recruitment. We value our SMART Leadership Council members and thank them for the important work they do.
Douglas County Leadership Chapter members:
- Karen Bentley, Sales and Marketing, KVAL Television
- Della Harp, SMART Area Manager
- Lee Ann Grogan, Family Services Program Manager, UCAN Head Start
- JoAnne Nelson, Retired Educator
- Tamara Osborne, Marketing Director, Umpqua Dairy
- Kent Rochester, Owner, Big Wrench Media
- Gwen Soderberg-Chase, Associate Professor, Education, Umpqua Community College
There are no events at this time.