SMART needs to recruit 1,400 new volunteers by November 1 in order to read with 10,700 Oregon students this year. Can you help us meet our goal?
Please consider helping in one of the following ways:
- Volunteer! If you haven’t already, sign up to be a SMART Reader. It just takes one hour per week, and it makes a big difference in the life of a child. Sign up online here or call 877-598-4633 to learn more and get connected with your local SMART office.
- Tell your friends, families and colleagues. Personalize the email message below and send it to folks in your networks.
- Get social! Post about our need for volunteers on social media. You can find sample posts below, or, click here to post a Tweet.
Thank you for your help in bringing the gift of books and reading to Oregon kids!
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
An organization I care about, SMART (Start Making A Reader Today), is launching a statewide campaign to recruit 1,400 new volunteers by Nov. 1 in order to meet their goal of providing over 10,700 children this year with one-on-one reading support and books to keep and read with their families.
SMART Readers spend an hour each week during the school year reading one-on-one with PreK through third-grade children and helping to foster a love of reading through fun, child-guided reading sessions. If you have just one hour per week to volunteer, SMART is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local students.
With your support, I know that SMART can exceed its goal! Here are three ways you can help:
- Volunteer! Consider joining SMART as a Reader. Sign up online here, or call 877-598-4633 to learn more.
- Tell your friends, families, and colleagues. Personalize this email message and forward it to folks in your networks. (You can also find the email here on our website.)
- Get social! Post about our need for Readers on social media. You can find sample Facebook posts here on our website. Or, click here to post a Tweet.
Join me in doing what SMART does best: help kids build motivation and a love of reading through shared reading and access to books!
Sample Social Media Posts
Do you have one hour a week to volunteer? Become a SMART Reader and make a difference in your community. To learn more, go to http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
Over 95% of SMART students show improvement in literacy development, but we can’t do it without YOU. Become a SMART Reader: http://bit.ly/28PwtBL
When we read together, we succeed together. Become a SMART Reader and share your love of books with the next generation! http://bit.ly/28PwtBL
Help kids experience the joy of reading by becoming a Reader with @getsmartoregon! http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
One hour a week can make a difference. Join @getsmartoregon as a volunteer! http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
.@getsmartoregon needs 1,400 volunteer Readers to bring a love of reading to 10,700 Oregon kids. Can you help? http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs