SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) is in the Willamette Week Give!Guide!
Last year we raised more than $37,000 to support SMART programs in the Portland Metro Area, which helped us provide the program in over 90 local schools.
We’re asking our friends and supporters to help us get the word out and help SMART raise even more funds to support bringing the gift of books and reading to local kids this holiday season!
Here are ways you can help:
- Send the message below to your friends, colleagues and networks.
- Post about the Give!Guide on your social media channels. You can find sample social media posts below.
- Hosting a holiday party this season? Ask your guests to make a donation to SMART in your honor in lieu of gifts.
Thank you for your help!
I’m writing on behalf of an organization I care about: SMART (Start Making A Reader Today). For 27 years, SMART has been building reading motivation, self-confidence and a love of reading in our state’s youngest readers through weekly, one-on-one reading sessions with volunteers, and 14 new books each year for kids to keep and add to their personal libraries.
As you may know, I’m one of the 5,000 volunteers across Oregon helping to make the SMART program possible. I give my time and energy because I believe in SMART’s work to build the next generation of readers.
Will you join me in supporting SMART by making a gift to support Metro area SMART programs? You can give to SMART through Willamette Week’s Give!Guide here.
- $40 provides the books for one SMART student for one year.
- $80 provides books for two SMART students for one year.
- $325 provides all of the resources needed to put one student through SMART for one year.
Thanks for your support!
TEMPLATE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- A nonprofit I support, @StartMakingAReaderToday, is in the @WillametteWeekGiveGuide this year. SMART provides volunteers to read one-on-one with thousands of kids in over 90 Portland-area schools each week, helping kids develop reading motivation and a love of reading. Please consider supporting them in the Give!Guide. Thanks for your help!
- @StartMakingAReaderToday helps thousands of local kids in our community become strong, confident young readers by providing one-on-one support and books to keep. Can you support them through the @WillametteWeekGiveGuide? I’d appreciate it!
- Link: https://giveguide.org/#smart